One of the biggest fears you could face as a property owner is the effects of water damage. Heavy rain, melting snow, leaking washing machine, flooded sprinkler system all increase the risk of flooding that can cause thousands of dollars in damage to electronics, furniture, carpet, upholstery just to mention a few. An even bigger problem that may occur if walls and carpet are not dry withing 24-48 hours is the possibility of black mold growth which is costly to remediate. If you ever find yourself in a situation where your home has been compromised call our water damage restoration company immediately and we can make the cleanup process easier to handle and will work directly with your insurance company. Below are some great tips that will help you prevent emergency water clean up in the future.
1. Disconnect Water Hoses - Standing water left in a hose can back up into the main water source creating excessive pressure on water piping. Best case scenario you will only have blocked water outlets which will be unusable, worst case is that the excessive pressure will cause the pipes to burst.
2. Clean all Downspouts and Gutters - Making sure to clean your gutters one to two times per year will help avoid blockage that can occur and back up into your home.
3. Turn Off Main Water Valve - Now obviously this only makes since if you leave your home for an extended period of time (vacation, ect. ) as this will guarantee that if a pipe were to burst for any reason you can rest assure that it won't flood out your entire home.
4. Check Washing Machine Hoses - many times we neglect what we can't see, by simply investigation your washing machine hoses for cracks or tears can save you a lot of unnecessary headache. We recommend using steel braided hoses for optimal safety.
5. Check Your Water Bill - a drastic increase in your water bill from one month to the next can indicate that a pipe has burst in your yard without giving an evidence. We hope these tips help you avoid water damage to your home however if you find yourself in need of an El Cajon Water Damage Restoration company don't hesitate to give us a call 24/7 for immediate response.